Wednesday 31 October 2012

Reader Appreciation Award Nomination

Well, I am a bit shocked to get an award! It was unexpected, but I'd like to thank my mum, my dad etc ....

Actually I'm thanking a certain Mr Jamie T Dougan. Blog owner, author and fellow Tweep! As I'm blogging this on my phone ill have to copy and paste his link in here :- http://jtdougan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/reader-appreciation-award-nomination.html?m=1
Hopefully it'll work for you!
He has asked me some questions, then I have to keep it going by asking some of you lot!

I know some long established bloggers might get a little 'grrrrr' about these chain style blog things but I bloody love em! I am genuinely touched someone thought enough of my blog to tag me in and it totally satisfies my nosiness!! So if I tag you in at the end, please know I did it because I love reading your blog and I won't sulk if you choose not to play!

Here are my Q & A

1.Where do you do most of your writing/blogging?

My bedroom, be it freezing my wot sits off in the huge bay window, which, despite my lovely new double glazing fitted by my HG on the coldest day of the year two years ago, does nothing to keep the huge radiator less room with the open fire which does have a pillow shoved up it, warm. Or in bed on my trusty iPhone. ( Like right now )

2. Favourite book or books from your childhood?

Easy. Nip and Fluff - the books I learnt to read with. Then I loved The Great Jam Sandwich book. A lovely story about a swarm of killer bees/wasps being trapped by a great big giant jam sandwich. Kersplat and that was that. Can't recall the author, but that was the last line. My mum read it to me at bedtime for about three weeks! I'd got it from the Library. I should think she'd want to kersplat me over the head with it by the time it went back!! It was written in rhyme and I think that's why I loved it. Then Enid Blyton took me from aged six with Naughty Amelia Jane, via the Faraway Tree , Secret Seven and the Famous Five to my early double figures faves, The Twins at St. Clare's and Mallory Towers. As I lay reading by the light of the landing light, long after I was supposed to have gone to sleep, I longed, nay, YEARNED to go to boarding school. I wanted to play Lacrosse and swim in outdoor pools. I wanted to feast at midnight in a dorm. Sigh. Those books were great. Alongside them I was reading What Katy Did and what she did next. I hated Katy. Hideous girl I thought. Black Beauty. Stig. Then I discovered Judy Blume. Are you there God, it's me Margaret? was just BRILLIANT. Her books reached out to me in some way and I read them all. Every week I was at the Library wanting more! Other book memories include the illicit borrowing of my friend's mum's copy of The Thorn Birds. It went round the whole class. You didn't have to read it to find the juicy bits, it fell open at them! I went through the whole Flowers in the Attic series and Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I even used to read my mum's extensive Catherine Cookson library!! I think it's safe to say that I was an avid reader - I know I've missed loads out!

3.Who is your favourite fictional character?

There are too many from books for me to choose from so I will choose from TV/FILM. Forrest Gump number one. There are two Blanches on my list. One was Dreary Barlow's mum in Coronation Street. Blanche Hunt. The other from The Golden Girls, Blanche Devereaux.

4. Have you ever Googled yourself and been shocked at what you found?
No I have never googled myself! Shall I go do it now? Be right back! ....

Well got to page 4 and gave up! Nothing!!

5. What's your favourite time of the day and why?

When the sun comes up. I hate the dark when I am awake. I'm not scared of the dark. Indeed, I cannot even have one chink of light coming in if I am going to sleep. But if I am awake, I need it to be light. I think I have S.A.D

6. Who would play you in the movie of your life?

Dawn French

7. One material possession that you absolutely could not live without?

Anything that contains my photos. Albums, computer, phone.

8. Have you ever been naked in public?

*shudders at the very thought*

9. What is your dream car?

Don't have one!

10. There wasn't a question 10!!!

So... Who do I want to answer the very same questions .... Descisions, descisions....

1. I'm asking a sweet chum of mine, who also happens to be a best selling author - I reviewed his book with five stars so far Mr Steve Briggs.
http://batsby.blogspot.co.uk
2. She doesn't have a specific blog of her own, she's the intended of Mr B , it's the jolly fabulous Clare Harper.
3. She lives a long way from me, but we just clicked instantly , it's the fabulous owner of a fabulous blog Mrs Vivian Pistacshio - hehehe it's what I fondly call her in my head! She blogs here http://vivi-section.blogspot.co.uk
And two more
4. My bonkers friend Mrs Eyeball Breather http://breathethroughyoureyeballs.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/happy-birthday-me.html?m=1

5. My newest kindred spirit Kate who blogs at http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/
So all I have to do is link them in and enjoy reading their answers! Oh I need a question 10. So here it is ...... I want to know all sorts but
What/who/where was your first proper kiss?


Even if I haven't tagged you, but you fancy answering my questions please do so in the lovely big comment box! Come on - you know you want to!!!

A lovely blog and it's owner I do want to tag is
Frugal mummy blogging at
http://www.frugalmummy.com
One of my must reads everyday!

Who else wants in? Xx

9 comments:

  1. Ooh do a linky to my blog and I'll have a go later on today- fab fun! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled my name once and found my estranged brother had written all sorts of vile stuff and lies about me...gave me a giggle!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha my Mom also loves Catherine Cookson and when I could find nothing else to read I would read them. What we read when we were younger is very similar,I got hold of a very naughty novel about ballerinas that I read when I was about 11 or 12. My sister (older) caught me out because I quoted the novel and she nearly had heart failure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I think we shared the same library, .... almost .... I didn't do the Thorn Birds, but I was definitely reading all the Enid Blyton's, Katy books, Black Beauty, Stig, etc. Sadly I moved on to a brief period of reading Doctor Who, influenced by my first Boyfriend, aged 8.

    Funny to think we were probably reading the same books at around the same time.

    Great post. Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Award! Nice to find out a bit more about you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the tag and here is my attempt http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/reader-appreciation-award/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to steal this -- just like I stole the craft ideas from that other post -- I'm a blog fodder kleptomaniac.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GAH. I think my earlier comment on a later post (don't think too hard about it, just read it and move on) didn't take. Will try again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to steal this -- just like I stole the craft ideas from that other post -- I'm a blog fodder kleptomaniac.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!